Bethy Leonard's Buttermilk Brioche French Toast
Need a quick idea for a simple weekend breakfast or brunch option? This recipe has it covered. Thick slices of rich brioche bread are dipped in buttermilk and cooked until golden brown. Served with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle of pure maple syrup, this delicious morning treat is a tasty meal for the whole family.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1.5 cups Buttermilk
- 4 Stew's Large Brown Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Stew's Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 12 slices Brioche Bread
- Stew's Unsalted Butter, as needed
- Fresh Raspberries, for serving
- Stew Whip
- Stew's Maple Syrup, optional for serving
Preheat an electric griddle to 350°F.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and sugar until well blended.
- Pour buttermilk mixture into a shallow baking dish. Dip, 2 slices at a time, into mixture, turning once so that the bread absorbs the custard.
- Place a knob of butter on the griddle and let melt to coat the griddle.
- Cook the brioche French toast, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 5 to 8 minutes.
Keep finished slices warm in a low heat oven until ready to serve.
- Top with the fresh raspberries, maple syrup (if using), and whipped cream.