Here's a quick and easy recipe that was Stew Leonard Sr.'s favorite salmon dish. The breadcrumb crust creates a flavorful and crunchy topping for moist and tender baked salmon fillets.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 6 (6 oz.) Stew's Naked Salmon Fillets, skin removed
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Salted Butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. Stew's Sour Cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 teaspoons prepared Horseradish
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh Dill
- 3/4 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp. Stew's Salted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Stew's Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of softened butter.
In a medium bowl, add the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, prepared horseradish, and chopped dill. Mix well.
In a separate small bowl, add the breadcrumbs, melted butter, and paprika. Mix well.
Season the top of the salmon filets with the salt and pepper.
Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise mixture on top of each fillet.
Top each fillet with a light even coating of the panko crumb topping.
Place the fillets in the baking dish 1-in. apart.
Bake for 6-8 minutes until golden brown.