Slow-Cooker Beef Chuck Pot Roast with Vegetables
Easy to put together, this slow-cooked beef chuck pot roast comes out super tender with just the right mix of tomatoes, vegetables, garlic, and herbs.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 hours 10 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 25 minutes
- 2-1/2 lbs. Stew's Boneless Beef Chuck Pot Roast
- All-Purpose Flour
- Stew's Kosher Salt
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Stew's Avocado Oil
- 2 medium Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 2 Celery stalks, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Freshly Chopped Garlic
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- 1 cup Stew's Beef Broth
- 1 can (28 oz.) SMT Crushed Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Stew's Simply Marinara
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh Parsley
Sprinkle the roast with the flour and pat off excess.
Heat the avocado oil in a large high-sided pan on medium-high heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the roast and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Remove the roast and place in a slow cooker.
Add the carrots, onion, celery, and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
Add the wine and stir to release any browned bits from the pan. Cook another 2 minutes until liquid is a syrupy consistency.
Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
Pour the mixture over the beef in the slow cooker then add the tomatoes and sauce.
Cover and cook 4-5 hours on HIGH.
Transfer roast to a platter and serve with the vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.