Roast Turkey With Gravy
A no-fail, classic Thanksgiving recipe straight from Mrs. Leonard's own kitchen. The orange zest brings an unexpected ZING to the bird!
Servings: 14 to 16
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3-4 hours
Total Time: Approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes
- 2 tbs. Rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbs. Orange Zest
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp. Stew's Kosher Salt, divided
- 1 tbs. Stew's Extra Virgin Italian Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Stew's Turkey (about 16 pounds), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Onions, quartered
- 2 Rosemary sprigs
- 1.5 cups Stew's Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbs. Stew's Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Rosemary, for garnish
- Orange Zest, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, orange zest, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Stir in about 1/2 of the oil.
- Loosen the skin on the breast and legs of the turkey. Rub the orange zest mixture under the skin. Rub the remaining oil over the turkey skin. Place the quartered onion and rosemary sprigs in the cavity of the turkey.
- Place the turkey on a rack in a large roasting pan and bake for 3 to 4 hours, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching the bone, registers 180F. Loosely cover the breast with foil if the turkey browns too much during cooking.