Sausage & Eggs Breakfast Burritos
If you've got a can of black beans, a couple of vegetables, and eggs in your pantry, try a quick and easy breakfast burrito any day of the week. Wrapped in foil, they freeze well too for a second meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb. Stew's Fresh Sweet Loose Italian Sausage
- 1 small Red Onion, chopped
- 1 small Red Pepper, chopped
- 4 oz. sliced Stew's Baby Portabella Mushrooms
- Pinch of Stew's Kosher Salt
- Pinch of Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Stew's Organic Black Beans, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Unsalted Butter
- 4 Stew's Naked Cage-Free Eggs, beaten
- 4 Stew's Large Flour Tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup Stew's Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Stew's Fresh Mango Salsa, optional
In a large skillet, brown the sausage. Remove the sausage and add the onion, pepper, and mushrooms. Cook until tender. Stir in the black beans to warm through. Add the cooked sausage back to the pan, mix well, and reserve warm.
In another pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the eggs. Cook and stir until set.
Add sausage mixture lengthwise down the center of a tortilla and layer with the eggs and cheese. Add a spoonful of mango salsa, if desired. Fold the sides of the tortilla inwards over the filling. Fold the bottom flap up and over the filling. Roll, holding the sides tight as you go, until the burrito is seam side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Top with the mango salsa, if desired.