Pan-Seared Cod with Lemon Butter Sauce
Super easy to make and delicious, cod tenderloins are topped with the perfect combination of butter, lemon, and garlic that all come together in a quick pan sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 medium Lemon, cut half into thin slices
- 4 (4-6oz.) Cod Tenderloins
- Stew's Kosher Salt
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Stew's 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Stew's Chopped Garlic
- 4 Tbsp. cold Stew's Unsalted Butter, cut into 4 slices
- 1 Tbsp. coarsely chopped Fresh Parsley leaves
Pat the cod fillets dry with paper towels and season both sides with the salt and the pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the cod fillets and let cook until well browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Flip and cook about 4 minutes more.
- Transfer the fillets to a serving platter.
- Carefully wipe the pan with a wad of paper towels. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the butter, sliced lemons, garlic, and juice from the remaining half of lemon.
- Once warmed through, pour over the cod, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and serve immediately