Crispy Parmesan Fish Bites
Fresh cod or flounder fillets are cut into bite-size pieces, tossed in flour, dipped in egg batter, and rolled in Parmesan and panko breadcrumbs. Baked for only 12 minutes, they come out slightly salty and nice and crispy.
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup Panko
- 2 Tbsp. chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 cup Stew's Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Stew's Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose Flour
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 1 large Stew's Naked Cage-Free Egg
- 1 1/2 lbs. Stew's Cod or Flounder Fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup Stew's Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Stew's Plain Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Stew's Ranch Seasoning
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the panko and parsley to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown; stirring frequently.
Combine the panko mixture, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
Place the flour in another shallow dish.
Whisk the egg and water in another shallow dish.
Dredge the fish in the flour, dip in the egg mixture, and then dredge in the panko mixture.
Arrange the fish bites on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until done.
In a small bowl, combine the Ranch Seasoning with the sour cream and yogurt. Serve with the fish bites as a dipping sauce.