Roasted Purple Sweet Potatoes
Packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamin C, and potassium, purple potatoes can be boiled, baked, roasted, mashed, or steamed. Here’s a simple recipe to get these brightly colored beauties on your plate.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 large Purple Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 Tbsp. Stew's 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh Thyme
- Stew's Kosher Salt
- Stew's Fine Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tbsp. Stew's Salted Butter, cubed
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 7-in. x 11-in. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in the dish. Add the olive oil, parsley, thyme, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place butter on top of potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes. To check for doneness, pierce one of the potatoes with a paring knife. If it slides off easily, the potatoes are done.